Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Hilarious and the Macabre, Pt. 2

In honor of our beloved Halloween, while I don't really dig horror, I do love ridiculous songs that are both hilarious and macabre. So for your viewing pleasure, here are two songs from my beloved Tom Lehrer. He obviously inspired modern comedy song writers like Weird Al, and has left a legacy of music that I fear many may have missed. Both of these songs are love songs, celebrating love that is a bit more painful. The first is called "The Masochism Tango" featuring a couple that either likes to abuse each other, or a woman who really is trying to off her man...interpretation left up to the listener.


 


The second is the most gruesome. It completely reinterprets the dessert we refer to as "Ladyfingers."




 



Oh, Tom Lehrer, I salute you!

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment