One of my delightful blog readers (and I only have a few at this point) was kind enough to kick me out of the doldrums on my blog, and get a fire lit under me again.
So in this delightful meme, there are four rules and one of them I'm going to break. *Queue crazy dramatic music* Since I only have a handful of faithful followers, I think instead of freaking *11* I will randomly choose a few at my free will as dictator of my blog once I figure out what new questions I will ask.
1. Post these four rules
2. Answer the questions the tagger sets for you.
3. Tag 11 people.Blog commentors maybe.Link them.
4. Pose 11 new questions for them to answer.
1. Will you show us a picture of a pet or favorite animal.
I used to own parakeets, and while I thought Romeo and Juliet were terrific names for male and female pets, I didn't really get that perhaps these names were cursed. I kept having one or the other die off. Now I have allergies and am not entirely sure living with a pet indoors 24/7 would be a hot idea even if we could have them in this house we rent.
So, I have to offer a favorite animal. Horses are gorgeous and I have fond college memories of taking apples to feed the horses that were owned by the college. I also really liked trail-riding. I'm hoping one day I can ride on the back of a great horse again.
2. Where did you go on your last or favorite vacation? If none where would you like to go?
My last real vacation would probably be Colorado. And I'd love to go again there and about a dozen other places if I had the money including various locales in Europe, as well as a number stateside.
There are so many that shaped our great nation and therefore our lives it almost seems a disservice to name just one. In one of those fantasy moments where you could step in a time machine and have dinner with a historical figure, I would love to have a chat with Mark Twain.
4. Who is your favorite fictional character?But I love so many??!!! What are you trying to do? Kill me? Okay, fine. As a child it would have been Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). As a teenager, Elizabeth from Pride and Prejudice. As an adult, Severus Snape. Seriously, one of my favorite characters of any book. Not to snub Harry, but the complexity of Snape is brilliant.
5. What is your favorite movie?I have too many favorites. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Phantom of the Opera, The Princess Bride, and the list goes on a really, really long time.
It depends on my mood. I don't like the sound of a lot of pop out there right now that seems to be drowning in overproduction, and I really don't like hip-hop much and definitely don't like rap. I like some indie stuff, oldies, soul, r & b, classic rock, country, bluegrass, folk, jazz, classical, soundtracks, celtic, Spanish guitar, French cafe music, Hawaiian slack guitar, and a bunch of other styles I'm sure I'm forgetting. Flavor of the day is the last Toby Lightman album titled "Know Where I'm From".
7. How many of these things can you do:
swim: I'm not sure what I do is swimming more like flailing.
pat your head and rub your tummy: Yes. Barely.
skate: I shakily roller skated a few times in my life. I always enjoyed it.ride a bike. I'm no Lance Armstrong, but I can stay upright.
8. Where are your ancestors from?Most have been in the states for many generations. I have women in my family ancestry that have America and Experience in their name. The most recent immigrants as far as I can tell were my Irish ancestors in the 1820s/30s. Otherwise, I'm majority Irish, English and German with some Dutch, French, Native American, and other European bits thrown in there for good measure. I've got at least one branch very, very loosely traced to Charlesmagne and beyond.
9. What is your favorite fruit?Organically grown strawberries at peak season. Followed closely by organically grown cataloupe and Casaba melon.
10. Do you have craft or hobby pics?
More of my work can be viewed and purchased at:
11. You dream about writing a book or running a business? Tell us about it.
I have a half dozen ideas for novels floating around in my head that will eventually find their way to paper and may be self-published one of these days.
As life as gone on, I have discovered that I absolutely, positively love selling used and antique books almost as much as reading them. I've started dreaming of having my own little shop with a physical storefront and a virtual presence.
And that's it! Now I'll just have to figure out what the heck I want to ask and who I want to tag.
Feel free to remain in a freaked out state of heightened awareness while you wait.